Home Inspection Checklist
Here are some home inspection tips that may be helpful for you to find a house you think you might like to buy.
• You agree with the seller on terms and conditions, and then both the seller and buyer sign a contract for purchase. (The standard contract for purchase gives you 10 days to get a professional home inspection and submit your list of unacceptable conditions to the seller with a copy of the inspection report attached.)
• You call us at (913) 481-6636 or fill in the Contact form online to set up the soonest time possible to do the inspection.
• You call your REALTOR® (or the seller, if a F.S.B.O.), inform them of the scheduled inspection time, and confirm that they will verify that all utilities are turned on and that they will be there to let us into the property at the scheduled time.
• You show up at the scheduled time and pay for the inspection with a check or cash (unless you have prepaid online) and sign the contract for inspection.
• The inspector will begin his inspection outside, taking photos of defects and making notes for the report. (You are encouraged to walk along with the inspector and ask any questions you might have.)
• After he finishes the inspection, the inspector will print out the photos for you. He will go over each photo with you, explain the defect, and offer solutions.
• Usually within 48 hours, you will receive the typed inspection report via email.
• Using the inspection report and summary page as a guide, you make your list of unacceptable conditions and proceed according to your purchase contract.
• After the inspection is done, feel free to call the inspector and ask questions. (Have your inspection number handy.) This is a free service as long as you own the property.
Choose Your Inspection